Arnet gathered these sales:
- George Condo, Untitled (Head #2), with an American collector for $550,000
- work by Kaari Upson
- Cyprien Gaillard’s Untitled, (2015) went to a UK collection for €140,000
- A Karen Kilimnik painting, The fop in Scotland, (2015) sold for $110,000 to a collector from the US
- sold three works by Daniel Knorr, from his series “Depression Elevation,” for prices ranging from €17,000 – €39,000
- a large wall sculpture by Michal Budny titled Ascension, (2013) for €23,000
- works by Corey Arcangel, Lee Ufan, Joyce Pensato
- Angela de la Cruz’s Recycled (Hybrid) Red, with the range of prices starting at £25,000 and going up to £250,000
- sold works by Jean Dubuffet
- a 1945 wood relief by Jean Arp
- a sculpture by Bernar Venet
- two sculptures by Pablo Reinoso
- sold three works by Alberto Biasi—Dinamica, from 1996; Ingresso trionfale, from 2001; andDinamica notte, from 2011—for prices ranging from €50,000 to €120,000
- sold Georg Baselitz‘s Foto nuovo (2015)
- Theaster Gates’s Water Proof anti-racist action painting(2016)
- Miroslaw Balka’s Kouros (1988), for undisclosed amounts
The first few deals from FIAC are filtering in:
- A new work by Liza Lou soldto an American collector for six figures. Lou will have her first show with Lehmann Maupin in Hong Kong in January 2017.
- Two new canvases by Angel Otero have sold to clients in France and Singapore for five figures. Otero will have a solo museum show at CAM Houston, opening December 2016.
- Kader Attia, who won the Prix Marcel Duchamp 2016 yesterday evening, also had a sculpture sell at the gallery’s booth for five figures to a European client..
- FIAC Sales Report
- David Nahmad Claims Ownership of Monet Feds Want to Seize from Jho Low
- Dickinson Gears Up for TEFAF with van Dyke, Gris & Caillebotte
- Athena Art’s Frieze Auction Sale Report
- Phillips Announces $12-18m Clyfford Still for November
- A Quick Trip to FIAC via Instagram
- What Does Sotheby’s Mean When It Says It Raised Buyer’s Premium to ‘offset margin pressure’?
- The Market for Apartments in New York Reflects Similar Patterns to the Art Market, a Broad Reset
- Top Ten Andy Warhol Prices
- Christie’s Changes Third-Party Guarantee Reporting (Where Guarantor Wins the Lot)