Tuesday, July 21, 2026

people want to pay me for your attention

 people want to pay me for your attention

Caixa de entrada

Clay | ReadSowell.com
Anular subscrição

01:03 (há 11 horas)
para mim


I get offered sponsorships sometimes. People want to pay me to link people to their websites, videos, and products.

They want to buy the trust I've gained with you.

You and I talk about serious subjects. Real matters of life and death. Don't you think it would damage my credibility if I forced an interruption in the middle of my articles to show you an ad?

But this is normal in the political podcast world. I see it constantly. They'll be talking about something deadly serious, like Charlie's assassination, and they'll slap an underwear ad right in the middle of it. It's jarring, and to me, undermines the credibility of the whole operation.

Can you imagine if I did that? I'm deep in my analysis of the Charlie Kirk assassination and then all of a sudden... I just start trying to get you to sign up to a sports gambling website?

A sponsor doesn't just buy your attention... he buys my reputation. He interferes with the direct relationship I have with you.

I don't want to answer to an advertiser. I only want to answer to you.

And so, that's how it's going to be.

stay close,

~ Clay

p.s. reader-supported. no ads, no sponsors, ever. stopbeingprey.com/membership


Unsubscribe | Update your profile | 600 1st Ave, Ste 330 PMB 92768, Seattle, WA 98104-2246





No comments:

Post a Comment