Thursday, September 8, 2016

Nomadic nudes by Simon Lohmeyer

Orange County
Simon Lohmeyer is a photographer taking nudes to the extreme. He has a penchant for butterflies, animal masks, and non-stop travelling. Exploring his native Germany, the US, Mexico, Cambodia, Iceland and other far-flung destinations with a troupe of equally naked friends Simon’s photos are liberating, erotic and ebullient. We caught up with him to learn more about his au naturel style.
Follow Simon on Instagram @SimonLohmeyer and check his website here. Do we need to say it’s NSFW? It’s NSFW.
Cold Beers
Hey Simon, you and your subjects are naked a lot. What is it about photographing nudes that you like so much?
I love the rare and real body – the look of everyone from when they were born. I was modelling for almost 10 years and I’m sick of being the doll of the fashion industry – so no clothes is good clothes. Also I guess I am a sexually-driven character..
Papillion
Do you think society would be better if we were exposed to more nudity? Are we too censored?
Yes more nudity please! And what is this thing with censoring women’s nipples? – I don’t get it!
Runway, St.Martin, Caribbean
Pink Hour, Mexico City, Mexico
Which photographers have influenced or had an impact on your creative style? What is it you like about them?
There a few. I love Ryan McGinley, he speaks my language of freedom. Also Tim Walker, he is as romantic as I want to be.
Someone who I just discovered is Harry Gruyere, so random but he creates a look I love.
Taken, Kampot, Cambodia
Pillow Ride, Lima, Peru
As an artist, who or what are you currently obsessed with?
Rayya. She inspires me <3
Camila
Peace&Pussy, Sydney
Dope Mountain, Ketama, Marokko
Electric Blue with Bonnie Strange, Ibiza, Spain
Elegant Elephant, Munich, Germany
Pleasure her, New York, USA
Lupin Flower. Self-Portrait
The World is our Stage, Berlin, Germany
Pleasure Him, New York, USA.

Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment