Monday, August 28, 2023

I think you’re lying

 



Rory McIlroy has been battling nagging back pain at this week’s Tour Championship, and on Saturday he had to fend off an additional obstacle: teasing from one of the great trash-talkers in all of sports, NBA Hall of Famer Charles Barkley.

Early in the week, McIlroy revealed that he’d injured his back on Monday in an unexpected way: throwing his daughter Poppy in a pool while relaxing with his family.

Rory McIlroy
How did Rory McIlroy hurt himself? He says he threw his daughter in a pool
BY: NICK PIASTOWSKI

The tweak to his back lingered, as he explained on Thursday.

“On Tuesday morning, I felt a little tight, and I went into my gym at home, and I just sort of foam-rolled and stretched. I went to grab something and my whole right side just completely seized up, spasm,” McIlroy said after his first round. “So I spent two hours with the physio at home, flew up here, felt a little better.”


No comments:

Post a Comment